Thursday, March 05, 2009

Remembering Mandy on March 5th

Today is the 7th anniversary of my friend Mandy Morris' death. In rememberance, I thought I would post the audio to my piece that I wrote to honor her memory, the Hommage a Mandy Morris, and also the piece by Mandy that inspired it.

After her death, Mandy's mom, Sherry Morris-Imhoff, gave me a CD of ten pop songs that Mandy had written and recorded on her little mini-disc recorder. The sixth one was just an unfinished song that I really latched onto, and used as the base material for my piece. I never knew the title of any of her songs, because she never showed the songs to anyone while she was alive, so I just dubbed it Pop Song VI. Anyway, wherever Mandy is, she is missed.

AUDIO: MANDY MORRIS, POP SONG VI



AUDIO: ANTHONY JOSEPH LANMAN, HOMMAGE A MANDY MORRIS (KAORU YAMAMURA, PIANO)

1 comment:

piono lessons said...

I just found your blog and am reading along and really enjoying it.